Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Molten Chocolate Pudding Cake

A few years ago my mom made this for my birthday, and I loved it...and this year for my birthday in Boston I made it for myself. I know that sounds pathetic but my friend Cristy was worried she would screw it up. So I did it myself, just to show how easy and delicious it was. And of course, it was super easy and fantastically fudgy, with all the rustic charm of hot homemade chocolate pudding over ice cream.
Molten Chocolate Pudding Cake
1 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
3 T. cocoa
2 t baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. milk
2 T. oil
1 t. vanilla
Mix all ingredients together and pour into greased 9x9 pan. Then combine:
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
Mix and sprinkle over cake batter. Then slowly pour over the mixture:

1 3/4 c. boiling water
Bake 40 minutes @ 350. (Completed cake will look like 1st picture.) Allow to stand 5 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment